Company Formation & Registration
Why set up a limited company?
- A limited company is a separate legal entity and as such, legally, it’s responsible for its own actions. The finances of private limited companies are entirely separate from those of its owner(s).
- Providing you don’t trade recklessly or fraudulently, as a director of a limited company your risk of loss is restricted to money you’ve invested in the company.
- To an extent, being a private limited company might make you more credible to potential customers, partners or investors
- A large number of tax benefits vs. a sole trader
To set up the Company, you need
- a suitable Company name (one that has not already been taken),
- give some basic information,
- Names of at least one director
- payment; and
- shareholder details
- The Company needs to have a registered office address
- The Company needs to file annual accounts and annual returns – see Ltd Co/Contractor services
- Following a change in legislation, there is no longer a need for a company secretary
- You will need a company bank account
What we can provide
- We can set up the company for you.
- We can register the company for tax, PAYE, VAT – often not provided by formation agents.
- Provide you with a copy of the Certificate of Incorporation
- Provide you with a copy of Memorandum & Articles of Association.
- We can give your Company with a registered office
- We can give you information to get a business bank account on favourable terms with our contacts at Cater Allen who specialise in dealing with small businesses.